Saturday, December 13, 2008

Running good, but not good enough...

It's been a busy few weeks for me away from the felt, so I haven't had much chance to play poker of late. When I have been able to get away from my clients pre Christmas demands it's been a great chance for me to bubble final tables and generally run good right up until it really counts. I have posted a 10th, 12th and 15th all in tournies with over 500 players in the past two weeks.

Outside of that I've been keeping up a half-respectable volume at the cash tables, dropping down to $200 NL 6-Max so that I can play a few more tables. I have been playing well in these games and running at what I would imagine is about expectation. Nothing to shout about really, just good old fashioned grinding to make up for a lack of playing opportunities.

I have a decent amount of time over the next 3 or 4 weeks so I intend to get really stuck in and get some decent volume posted. There are a few decent tournies over the holiday period, so I might focus on getting back to my tournie A game and taking things a bit more seriously going into the new year.

There has been some interesting field sizes at a few of the larger live tournies, notably the Bellagio events, but I'll write up my thoughts on that when I have a bit more time.

No comments: